Pride Week at Carolina will be April 6 – 13, 2021
The LGBTQ Center is partnering with other campus organizations to host Pride Week at Carolina from April 6th to 13th, 2021.
Pride Week at Carolina is a partnership between the LGBTQ Center, student organizations, University departments, and community organizations to host events that center themes of history, inclusion, intersectionality, expression, and advocacy within Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, and Asexual (LGBTIQA+) communities.
This year, the week will include over 20 events from collaborating sponsors who have pledged to:
- ensure the affirmation of LGBTQIA+ individuals, especially those with multiple marginalized identities;
- align with the LGBTQ Center's mission of fostering a welcoming and inclusive environment for UNC-Chapel Hill community members of all sexual orientations, gender identities and gender expressions
- plan using the principles of Universal Design, so that events will be accessible by all people, to the greatest extent possible, without the need for individual adaptation
- prioritize spaces and venues that have gender non-specific restrooms or allow temporary signage affirming the right for transgender people to use the restroom of their choice
- ensure that planning for events center the input, voices, leadership, and experiences of people within the LGBTQ community
All LGBTQ Center-hosted Pride Week events will be available via Zoom with auto-captioning. All images and videos posted to the Pride Week website will include comprehensive image descriptions and/or transcripts. Due to a lack of funding, the LGBTQ Center will not provide live ASL interpretation or live visual descriptions.
If you require accommodations for any UNC-Chapel Hill LGBTQ Center events or programs, please contact us at least one week in advance.
The finalized schedule will be available along with asynchronous offerings at Tarheels.live/PrideWeek.