Open to students enrolled in a masters program at UNC-Chapel Hill during the Fall 2020 - Spring 2021 academic year.
The Graduate & Professional Student Program Coordinator will be supervised by the Director of the LGBTQ Center and the Co-Director of Diversity and Student Success in the Graduate School. Tasks include:
- Coordinate the LGBTIQA Speaker Series educational program
- Coordinate social programming for graduate and professional students
- Develop collaborations between the LGBTQ Center and graduate/professional student groups, schools, and departments across campus
- Coordinate efforts to expand Safe Zone program with graduate students who teach courses, labs, or recitations
- Assist with Safe Zone facilitation
- Assist with implementation of evaluation plan
- Contribute to the LGBTQ Center Aluminate Publication
- Maintain LGBTQ Center graduate/professional web page and Graduate School Queer Graduate and Professional Students (QGAPS) web page and contribute to LGBTQ Center social media
- Other administrative tasks as assigned
The position provides opportunities for the successful applicant to pursue projects or initiatives that are of special interest.
Length and Time Requirements of Position:
August 1, 2020 – May 9, 2021
15-20 hours per week with occasional evening program responsibilities.
Payment of Tuition, Fees, and Graduate Student Health Insurance Program (GSHIP) as well as a stipend of $15,000
How to Apply:
Screening of applications will begin on Wednesday, June 24th.
To apply for the position, submit an electronic cover letter expressing interest and qualifications, a current resume, and names and contact information for three professional references to:
Terri Phoenix, Director