About LGBTIQA+ Advocacy Awards
This award recognizes contributions to or advocacy on behalf of LGBTIQA+ communities at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Individuals who have contributed in one or more of the following ways are eligible for consideration:
- Elevated the status of LGBTIQ-identified persons and/or allies;
- Helped to improve campus or community policies affecting LGBTIQ-identified persons;
- Enhanced visibility and awareness of LGBTIQ issues.
We are particularly interested in work done from an intersectional framework, meaning that it accounted for the fact that people experience the world in very different ways depending on the constellation of societally privileged and marginalized identities they hold.
- Undergraduate students, Graduate and Professional students, Faculty, PostDocs, and Staff are eligible for this award
- LGBTQ Center student staff members( graduate assistant(s) and work-study employees) are eligible.
- Since we administer the award, LGBTQ Center professional staff are not eligible for LGBTIQA+ Advocacy Awards.
- Anyone may submit a nomination.
- Self-nominations are encouraged.