Books and videos are available to students, staff, and faculty with a UNC PID number for a two-week check out period. Patrons can search the library holdings via the UNC-Chapel Hill Libraries Catalog, but must visit the LGBTQ Center in order to check out materials. Materials may be renewed depending on availability and requests for use by other patrons.
Non-UNC affiliates may only use resources within the LGBTQ Center.
Find an Item in Our Catalog
Browse within UNC-Chapel Hill Libraries Catalog (does not include availability)
Browse LGBTQ Center Catalog (includes availability)
Contact us for assistance with research or to suggest a title.
Checking Out Books
Process while socially distancing
While the LGBTQ Center is not holding in-person programs, Center staff are able to arrange book pick-ups with a 1 to 2-week processing time. Follow these steps to request books:
- Browse for available titles using the options above.
- Book a pick-up time here or by emailing us at email@example.com with the following information:
- your name (does not have to match student record)
- your onyen
- your weekly availability
- URLs of up to three books (e.g. https://www.librarycat.org/lib/UNC_LGBTQ/item/186638444)
- 1 to 5-word label for your book package (to help you identify it without touching)
About the Library
The library is located within the LGBTQ Center in SASB South, Suite 3308. Get navigation and parking instructions here.
Detailed library policies can be found in the Library Policies Manual attached to this page.