Each month, we suggest a journal article that is of specific interest to the LGBTQ community. You can find this month's journal article reference in the LGBTQ Resource Library under the RESOURCE tab. Citations for previous articles recommended by us are as follows:
- Kevin L. Nadal, Kristin C. Davidoff, Lindsey S. Davis, and Yinglee Wong. (2014). Emotional, Behavioral, and Cognitive Reactions to Microaggressions. American Psychological Association, Vol. 1, No. 1. DOI: 10.1037/sgd0000011.
- Sabra L. Katz-Wise and Janet S. Hyde (2012) Victimization Experiences of Lesbian, Gay & Bisexual Individuals. Journal of Sex Research. DOI: 10.1080/00224499.2011.637247.
- Jake Pyne (2014). Gender Independent Kids: A Paradigm Shift in Approaches to Gender Non-Conforming Children. Canadian Journal of Human Sexuality. DOI: 10.3138/cjhs.23.1.CO1.
- Lori Messinger (September-October 2009). Creating LGBTQ-Friendly Campuses. American Association of University Professors, Vol. 95, No. 5. Stable URL: http://www.jstor.org/stable/20694569
- George Yancy & Judith Butler (January 12, 2015). What's Wrong With 'All Lives Matter'?. Opinionator/The Stone (NYTimes.com).
- Claire Ainsworth (February 19, 2015). Sex Redefined. Nature.
- Elizabeth A. McConnell, Michelle A. Birkett, PhD, & Brian Mustanski, PhD (2015). "Typologies of Social Support and Associations with Mental Health Outcomes Among LGBT Youth" LGBT Health (Volume 2, Number 1).
- Darren L. Whitfield, N. Eugene Walls, Lisa Langenderfer-Magruder & Brad Clark (2014). "Queer Is the New Black? Not So Much: Racial Disparities in Anti-LGBTQ Discrimination" Journal of Gay & Lesbian Social Services, 26:4, 426-440, DOI: 10.1080/10538720.2014.955556
- Colin Walmsley. (2051). The Queers Left Behind: How LGBT Assimilation Is Hurting Our Community's Most Vulnerable.