Submit to Newsletters
Publication Schedule and Content
The LGBTQ Center offers the following newsletters on specific schedules:
- News and Notes: Bimonthly on first and third Fridays. Submit two weeks in advance of the event or due date.
- LGBTIQA+ Graduate and Professional Students: Published monthly on last Wednesdays. Please submit at least one week before the month in which your event or due date will take place.
- Faculty and Staff Newsletter: Published monthly on second Fridays. Please submit at least one week before the month in which your event or due date will take place.
- LGBTIQA+ Alums Newsletter: Please submit on the following schedule:
- April 15th for Spring/Summer (May - July)
- July 15th for Summer/Fall (August - October)
- October 15th for Fall/Winter (November - January)
- January 15th for Winter/Spring (February - April)
WHAT WE PUBLISH
Our newsletters highlight events, resources, and opportunities curated with the knowledge that none of us exist in silos. Listings reflect the breadth of our communities' intersecting identities and interests. If you have or know of content that supports our mission of fostering a welcoming and inclusive environment for UNC-Chapel Hill community members of all sexual orientations, gender identities and gender expressions, please submit it for consideration to be included in our email publications.
WHAT WE DO NOT PUBLISH
While we recognize the importance that quality research plays in educating the public and advocating for policy changes, we do not publicize calls for participants for research studies (other than those conducted by the LGBTQ Center itself) directly to UNC-Chapel Hill students. If you would like student participation in your research, we suggest contacting LGBTQ-related student organizations directly.
Advertisements for Specific Political Candidates or Parties
By state law and policy, state employees are forbidden from participating in political activities during work time or use of State funds, resources, supplies, vehicles, etc. for political activities. LGBTQ Center newsletters are considered state resources and Center staff salaries are state-funded. We may include nonpartisan events to promote civic involvement, but not events that seek more votes for any particular candidate/party.