Safe Zone is a program designed to create a network of visible allies to people who identify as part of the diverse LGBTQ+ community. The four hour educational session provides information and resources related to sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression.
Spring 2017 Sessions
- Tuesday, February 14th, 12pm-2pm (Gender Identity/Gender Expression)*
- Tuesday, Feb. 21st, 10:30am-2:30pm (Wait-List Only)
- Wednesday, March 22nd, 10am-2pm
- Friday, March 31st, 2pm-4pm (Gender Identity/Gender Expression)*
- Wednesday, April 05, 9:30am-1:30pm (for Graduate and Professional Students)
- Wednesday, April 19th, 12pm-4pm (Registration Closed)
Fall 2017 Sessions
- Thursday, June 15th, 10am-2pm (for Faculty/Staff)
- Tuesday, August 15th, 10am-2pm (for Faculty/Staff)
- Tuesday, September 12th, 1pm-5pm
- Wednesday, September 27th, 2pm-6pm
- Friday, October 13th, 1pm-5pm
- Monday, November 6th, 1pm-5pm
- Tuesday, November 14th,2pm-4pm (Gender Identity/Gender Expression)*
The LGBTQ Center sponsors a specialized Safe Zone training specifically geared towards graduate and professional students, instructors, postdocs, and faculty. Completion of this training will equip you with many of the concrete skills and resources you'll need to be an ally to students and colleagues of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions.
Our next Safe Zone: Graduate Students, Instructors and Faculty will take place on Wednesday, April 05, 9:30am-1:30pm
Safe Zone Gender Identity & Gender Expression (formerly Safe Zone Challenge)
The Safe Zone Gender Identity & Gender Expression program is a symbol of this University's efforts to increase awareness and acceptance of diverse communities with respect to sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression. The purpose of Safe Zone Gender Identity & Gender Expression is to make the University community a safer and more supportive place for all UNC-CH students, faculty, and staff members by creating a network of allies who have basic knowledge about transgender and intersex communities.
Our next Safe Zone Gender Identity & Gender Expression Trainings will take place on:
Friday, March 31, 2017 from 2:00pm-4:00pm
Tuesday, November 14, 2017 from 2pm-4pm
*We ask that people attend Safe Zone training prior to Safe Zone Gender Identity & Gender Expression.To register for Safe Zone Gender Identity & Gender Expression, please contact the LGBTQ Center at email@example.com or 919-843-5376.