LGBTQ Center Library
Books and videos are available to students, staff, and faculty with a UNC PID number for a two-week checkout period. Patrons can search the library holdings via the UNC-Chapel Hill Libraries Catalog but must visit the LGBTQ Center in order to check out materials. Materials may be renewed depending on availability and requests for use by other patrons.
Non-UNC affiliates may only use resources within the LGBTQ Center.
Browse Our Catalog
You may browse our collection through the UNC-Chapel Hill Libraries Catalog - this method does not include availability at the LGBTQ Center but allows you to browse relevant items around campus and at other partnered libraries. For availability within the Center, use the LGBTQ Center Catalog and check-out/return instructions on this page. Contact us for assistance with research or to suggest a title.
While the LGBTQ Center is not holding in-person programs, Center staff are able to arrange book pick-ups with a 1 to 2-week processing time. Regardless of method, the standard check-out period is 2 weeks (14 days) with the option to renew once before returning.
- Visit the LGBTQ Center to select books, which are organized by Library of Congress call numbers.
- Ask an LGBTQ Center staff member to help you check out. Be prepared to provide your:
- Name (does not have to match student record)
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Browse for available titles using the options above.
- Book a pick-up time here and be prepared to provide:
- Your contact information (does not have to match campus record)
- Your Onyen or PID
- Call Numbers of up to 3 books
- 1 to 5-word label for your book package (to help you identify it without touching)
Renewals and Returns
Contact Us via email or phone to request a 14-day renewal before your due date.
Return books to the dropbox directly next to the entrance of the LGBTQ Center. Plan to do so during normal business hours (9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday thru Friday), to ensure building access. Contact us if you need accommodations to return a book.