GVSC Drop-In Hours
About the GVSCs
The Gender Violence Services Coordinators (GVSCs) provide confidential support and advocacy for all students, faculty, staff, and post-doctoral fellows of all backgrounds and identities who have experienced or have been impacted by gender-based violence or harassment before or during their time at Carolina. The GVSCs can provide the following services:
- Emotional support
- Assistance in understanding reporting options and navigating reporting processes
- Accompaniment to meetings and hearings
- Referrals to University and community resources
- Safety planning
- Assistance with requesting housing and academic accommodations
- Information and education for University and community groups
The GVSCs are confidential through UNC-Chapel Hill’s Policy on Prohibited Discrimination, Harassment, and Related Misconduct. Learn about the few circumstances which limit their confidentiality here. The GVSCs are happy to answer any questions or address concerns an individual may have about the confidentiality of services prior to sharing information with us.
Contacting the GVSCs
GVSC drop-in services are available at the LGBTQ Center on specific dates throughout each semester. Fall 2023 dates for GVSC drop-in services are below:
- Thursday, August 24th from 3:00 to 5:00 PM
- Thursday, September 7th from 3:00 to 5:00 PM
- Thursday, September 21st from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Thursday, October 5th from 3:00 to 5:00 PM
- Thursday, October 26th from 3:00 to 5:00 PM
- Thursday, November 2nd from 3:00 to 5:00 PM
- Thursday, November 16th from 3:00 to 5:00 PM
- Thursday, December 7th from 3:00 to 5:00 PM
Email [email protected] or call (919) 962-1343 to set up an appointment.
Please note that email is not a secure method of communication, and confidentiality cannot be ensured by email communication. You are NOT required to disclose any sensitive information about your experience via email in order to contact the GVSCs or schedule a time to meet. They will respond to your email within 48 hours or 2 business days.
If the GVSCs are unable to answer their phones, you must leave a voicemail with a number that’s safe for the GVSC to return the call. GVSCs will not return a call if someone does not leave a voicemail.